We use cookies

We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our website, to show you personalized content and targeted ads, to analyze our website traffic, and to understand where our visitors are coming from. By clicking the accept all cookies button, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.

These cookies are used to collect information to analyze the traffic to our website and how visitors are using our website.For example, these cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the website or the pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve our website site for you.The information collected through these tracking and performance cookies do not identify any individual visitor.

by step

The process

Obtaining a High Court Writ is often the best way to recover your money, property or assets. Here’s a quick guide to how the process works.

Step 1: Obtain a County Court Judgment (CCJ)

You can obtain a CCJ through a solicitor. Or you can make a claim yourself online through the Government’s ‘Make a Money Claim’ web page.

Step 2: Transfer the judgment up to the High Court

Equita can manage the Transfer-Up process on your behalf free of charge. To start the process, simply complete and submit our online Transfer-Up form. Or if you prefer, download a paper copy and send it to us by post. Please note that while our service is free, you’ll need to pay a fee of £66.00 to HM Courts & Tribunals Service.

For advice on the process and the paperwork please call 01604 885596 or email us at hce@equita.co.uk

Step 3: Leave us to enforce the judgment

Once we receive the Writ, either from the court (or directly from you), we’ll collect the judgment amount, plus our costs and fees, and any court costs and interest.

We are required by law to retain all payments made to us for 14 days from the day we receive them. Without fail, we always reimburse our clients on the day that this period ends.


Equita has been awarded the following industry standards and accreditations.

  • Credit Services Association (CSA)
  • British Parking Association (BPA)
  • Civil Enforcement Association (CIVEA)
  • City & Guilds Accredited
  • Civil Court Users Association (CCUA)
  • High Court Enforcement Officers Association
  • IRRV Organisational Member
  • British Parking Awards 2018 Finalist